Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MacDonald's Kimchee Burger Myth

I've been hearing rumours about the existence of a kimchee burger at MacDonald's restaurants in Seoul, and I've watched funny commercials on YouTube showcasing the amazing spiciness of these burgers. And I must admit that I really, really want to eat one of these burgers.


So I popped into the Mickey D's in the Coex mall and perused the menu. Alas, no kimchee burger to be found (sigh). But this bugolgi (marinated barbecued beef) burger looked most interesting.


To be expected, it tasted like a normal MacDonald's hamburger except the "meat" patty was covered with a sweet bugolgi type sauce, and the mustard-ketchup-pickle condiments were replaced by shredded-wilty-iceberg lettuce. It was all très so-so.


My favourite part was the wrapper. A sauce sensation - ahahaha! Anyway, I know for a fact that there are kimchee pizzas to be found. Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment